“The Clinical Classroom product questions have a higher level of integrity than questions on similar platforms.” – Resident Director, 2020
With over 4,500 probes and 3,000 learning resources in all orthopaedic subspecialties, JBJS Clinical Classroom houses essential content for a resident of any level. From core material to advanced topics, residents can spend days studying from this learning tool, especially with the help of our personalized algorithm. The system learns from a user’s trends in performance to target their knowledge gaps, phase out their strengths to save time, and provide tailored resources for remediation. It’s the very best in lifelong orthopaedic education, from residency into practice.
The novelty of Clinical Classroom comes from its assessment of a resident’s confidence in the content. Evaluating correctness and confidence in tandem enables the resident to think critically about their proficiency while informing our system of what content to curate for the user. This creates a more productive learning experience that saves an immense amount of time for the user by avoiding repeat or basic content.
The individualized learning system reinforces clinical skills, sharpens one’s knowledge, and hones confidence in the material. Program directors and faculty can monitor resident performance through reports and customizable exams. You can set up pre/post-rotation exams or baseline tests in preparation for the OITE.
- 4,500+ questions and 3,000+ educational resources
- Annual OITE and ABOS Pt 1 JBJS-made pretests
- Premade pre and post-rotation exams for junior and senior residents
- Admin features to create exams and monitor resident performance
- Capability for faculty to earn their CME/SAE credits
- Program training and curriculum development from our team
- Evidence-based, gold standard content from JBJS
- Full access to relevant JBJS articles and one-click links to other peer-reviewed references
- Content created by expert, practicing surgeons for credible and up-to-date material
- Fully responsive on computers, tablets, and mobile phones for access anywhere, anytime
- Contains specialized modules and customized practice sets serve as useful adjuncts to clinical rotations
- Creates a personalized experience that reinforces clinical skills, sharpens metacognitive skills and develops confidence
- Presents content only in needed areas and not in areas where competence has been demonstrated, ensuring the most efficient and effective learning experience
- Provides excellent preparation for In-Training and board certification exams
- Dynamic reports allow program directors to review data at the individual and program level, and gain insight into individual and group progress, performance, and proficiency.
- Reports identify at-risk performers, highlight areas of strength and areas for remediation, and measure overall program performance and confidence.
We had a resident in our program whom was struggling academically. While other forms of remediation were available, such as question banks, JBJS Clinical Classroom provided a unique format for learning the material. By tasking modules and having the learner engage in real world scenarios with papers and additional reading available to supplement the questions and answers, our resident was able to come off of his remediation plan. The most impressive however was that not only did his in-training scores improve, but his overall patient care improved as he wasn’t rote memorizing answers but was understanding orthopaedic concepts. – Dr. Matthew Sardelli, Chair of McLaren Flint Orthopaedic Residency, 2022
I think you have a great learning product for residents – Program Director at Duke, 2021
Clinical Classroom is an absolute masterpiece! It makes studying easy, fun and…the new version is even better than before and focuses more on your weak spots regarding your knowledge! It has been really helpful for me! – PGY3 at General University Hospital of Larissa, 2021
JBJS Clinical Classroom is a valuable educational resource and is highly recommended for orthopaedic residents. The content is excellent and helped me cover a lot of topics without having to go back to a reference textbook. The progress meter is useful to assess personal progress. One of the best features is the JBJS Clinical Classroom Library. Every topic has links to the best or most cited references, which makes the study process easy. – PGY5 at Sunshine Hospital, India, 2021
I really enjoy the format of JBJS Clinical Classroom – both the idea behind repeating questions / topics that you don’t feel comfortable with knowledge-wise, but also the topics with which you are not answering questions correctly – PGY5, 2020